Saturday, December 13, 2008

Thanksgiving and Christmas season highlights

I keep thinking I need to catch up my blog on all the excitement of the past month, but I guess there is no better place to start than the present. I have had so many thoughts to blog lately but have not had a chance to sit in quiet to do so. Thanksgiving and Christmas are both such special, wonderful times of year. I think it is truly my favorite time of the year! I have always been a summer girl, but nothing beats the festivities and magic of Christmas.
This year is so special. First of all, we have our beautiful daughter and it is to be her first Christmas! I cannot believe she will turn 9 months on Christmas day. She is getting so big! She loves the Christmas tree and the lights. She is so sweet. If she reaches for an ornament, I say, "No, no Natalie..." She looks up at me, grins, and then turns away. I cannot believe she already understands the meaning of the word no, and apart from that, she obeys. She doesn't test the waters like Will always has. Natalie's hair is starting to get thicker and longer. It is straight as a board and half the time is sticking up straight off her head! It makes me laugh. We have been so used to Will's curls. Her hair is a pretty color too. It has some red in it. I love it.

Natalie is usually pretty patient with Will, but this photographic session took its toll on her. She had enough!


Thanksgiving was wonderful. We headed to Alabama and stayed with Tom's mom and grandma. We saw most of his family while there and had a great time! Will's 4 year old cousin Jackson taught Will many things. "Superhero moves" was the theme. That and lots of jumping on the air mattress. They really enjoyed playing together which was really special. Tom's sister Briana helped orchestrate the meal and it was scrumptious. Tom's mom and grandma were as gracious as ever and gave up their rooms for us. We really had a lovely time.
We took Will to the Airforce base to the museum. He is still talking about the helicopters which he calls, "Kelihopters!"
The other morning I asked Will what he would like to do that day. He said very seriously and tentatively, "I want to go for a ride in a Kelihopter mommy." Oh really? Anything else your heiness? It was so obvious he knew that it wouldn't happen but it was worth a shot by asking. It was so funny.






We bought our Christmas tree early this year. We actually set it up the weekend before Thanksgiving so we would have time to enjoy it before we leave for Michigan. We had such a great selection that we actually picked the first tree we looked at! We tried to look around but knew we would never find another one as perfect. Will loved looking at the trees this year.
































No comments: